The following warranty summary is effective for ultrasound solutions purchased directly from Mindray North America and shipped starting January 4, 2016. For ultrasound solutions purchased from Mindray authorized distributors (“Distributors”), please contact your Distributor directly for the warranty statement.
Mindray North America (“Mindray”) warrants that its Mindray and Mindray-ZONARE ultrasound solutions, when purchased directly from Mindray, will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period set forth below from the date of Mindray shipment:
- New ultrasound systems (main units) and transducers (excluding mechanical transducers as defined below): Five (5) years.
- New mechanical transducers (including TEE and 3D/4D transducers): One (1) year.
- New serialized accessories (including but not limited to UMT-300 cart, ECG Module, and DVD Writer): One (1) year.
- New non-serialized accessories (including but not limited to needle guides, ECG cables, power cords): Ninety (90) days.
- Mindray Certified Refurbished ultrasound systems and transducers (excluding mechanical transducers as defined below): One (1) year.
- Mindray Certified Refurbished mechanical transducers (including TEE and 3D/4D transducers): Six (6) months.
Not covered under this warranty are consumable items such as, but not limited to, gel, paper, traveling carrying cases, and batteries.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
In the case that repair or replacement is required during the warranty term, Mindray will provide the following services:
– Portable ultrasound systems: Upon authorization by Mindray service personnel, a service loaner will be shipped via overnight delivery (provided such service is available). Prior to shipping the customer system to Mindray’s Repair Center, the customer should back up all stored data and system presets and remove any patient data. Upon receipt at Mindray, the system will be repaired and returned. The service loaner must be returned promptly to avoid additional charges.
– Cart-based systems: For Resona 7, ZS3 and DC-8 Exp systems, on-site repair is provided by Mindray service representatives during normal business hours. For the Z.One PRO, on-site repair is provided during normal business hours during the first year of the warranty term; parts only support is provided during the following four years.
– Transducers: During the warranty term, transducers may be repaired or replaced as determined by Mindray service personnel.
Mindray software updates, when and if available, will be made available at no charge while the system is under warranty. Software updates provide changes, enhancements, and improvements that enable the software to perform in accordance with the product specifications defined at the time of equipment purchase. Software updates do not include new software features or options, or new hardware or software operating systems (when such hardware or software is specifically required for operation of the software update). Software updates are offered at the sole discretion of Mindray North America. Installation is not included. Technical assistance is available during regular business hours. On-site installation and/or additional clinical application support can be scheduled at additional charge.
DISCLAIMER: LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, MINDRAY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Mindray will not be liable for any incidental, special, or consequential loss, damage, or expense directly or indirectly arising from the use of its products. Liability under this warranty, and the buyer’s exclusive remedy under the warranty, is limited to servicing or replacing, at Mindray option, at the factory or an authorized distributor, any product which shall under normal use and service appears to Mindray to have been defective in material or workmanship.